DURA-GRIT CW5 CARBIDE Cutting WHEEL – 38mm 104805
With a thin kerf and aggressive 60 grit carbide on both edges, this steel wheel is mounted on an extra strong 3mm steel mandrel. The coarse grit surface removes material rapidly, with virtually no chipping. A real problem solver, its small size allows you to cut or trim in confined or hard to reach spaces.
Excellent for DIY, woodworking, power carving, modelling, hobby and craft projects, Dura-Grit are powerful, long lasting cutting and shaping tools that finish as they cut. Swiss machined, they are ideal for use on hard and soft woods, fibreglass, composites, carbon fibre, laminates, rigid and flex PVC piping, rubber hose, ABS and PVC plastics. The tungsten-carbide grit remains sharp for an extended life and won’t tear loose.
Exhaustive testings repeatedly show Dura-Grit tools outlasting sandpaper hundreds of times. These tools need little cleaning, however, residue can be removed by running the tip into the bristles of a wire/stainless brush or into uncured rubber. Any of the burr tips can be unscrewed from the mandrel and fibre washer and soaked in solvent (Acetone), or burned clean with a propane torch without damage. Cleaning the burr will restore the cutting surface to virtually new and extend the working life of the tool.
- Remove material rapidly, with virtually no chipping
- Narrow kerf, fast cutting
- Trim and cut in hard to reach places
- Can be used on a wide variety of materials
- Fits all Dremel, Proxxon and other small drill grinders
- Diameter 38mm
- Maximum cutting depth 16mm
- Grit grade 60, permanently bonded
- Mounted on an extra strong, steel mandrel 1/8″ (3mm)