Tormek Woodturner’s Bench Grinder Conversion Package BGK-400
Package deal comprises the Tormek BGM-100, Tormek SVS-50 Multi-Jig, Tormek TTS-100 Turning Tool Setter and the Tormek SVD-186 Turning Tool Jig.
With the BGM-100 you can use Tormek jigs and setting devices on your bench grinder, giving you perfect control. The chosen shape and edge angle are precisely repeatable. The BGM-100 also allows the use of other Tormek woodturner’s jigs in combination with a bench grinder such as the SVD-110 Toolrest. The BGM-100 comprises a horizontal base, a Tormek universal tool support, fixing kit and complete instructions.
Tormek SVS-50 Multi-Jig
This is a very comprehensive jig which can be used equally well for turning and carving tools. There are two holders provided, one for turners’ skew chisels, either oval or square section, from 13mm to 35mm wide, and the other for carvers’ skew chisels, parting tools, roughing gouges and wide carving gouges up to 50mm wide. The jig is clamped to the tool and the angle is set by re-positioning the universal support in the horizontal base.
Tormek TTS-100 Turning Tool Setter
This unique turning tool setter enables exact replication of the edge on bowl and spindle gouges as well as on flat and oval skews with a straight or a curved edge. The setter works with the articulated Gouge Jig SVD-186 and the Multi Jig SVS-50. The strength of the setter is that it works irrespective of the stone diameter and always produces the same edge angle. Built-in settings give pre-determined edge geometries as recommended by experienced turners.
Tormek SVD-186 Turning Tool Jig
For sharpening bowl, spindle and fingernail turning gouges up to 25mm wide and, in its latest form, multi-tip scraper blades with mounting holes from 5mm to 8mm diameter. The benefits re-grinding a gouge to the fingernail form are two-fold: firstly, the risk of digging in is greatly reduced and, secondly, the increased length of edge of the fingernail shape makes the gouge far more versatile and controllable. The SVD-186 not only allows the grinding of an even, symmetrical shape but allows different lengths of side edges to be produced all with the same bevel angle. Each jig comes with a set of labels so that you can record the jig settings for each gouge for future reference.
- Tormek BGM-100
- Use Tormek woodturning jigs on a conventional bench grinder
- Benefit from the fast steel removal of the bench grinder
- Shape your tools quickly and precisely
- Use the Tormek whetstone to refine and hone the edge
- Exact profiles repeatable time after time
- Tormek SVS-50 Multi-Jig
- Can be used for turning and carving tools
- Two holders
- Universal support in horizontal base
- Tormek TTS-100 Turning Tool Setter
- Works irrespective of the stone diameter
- Enables exact replication of the edge on bowl and spindle gouges, flat and oval skews
- Tormek SVD-186 Turning Tool Jig
- For sharpening various turning gouges up to 25mm wide
- Supplied with labels to record jig settings for each gouge